Do we eat enough vegetables on a daily basis? The answer would certainly be NO. Because, we all rush between hectic schedules, chocolate cravings, rushed mealtimes and so, veggie at times just doesn’t fit into the equation.
In order to motivate ourselves and our readers to eat more vegetables, we have compiled a list of the health benefits that come from consuming more and more vegetables on a regular basis. So, let’s have a look at these one by one and so, we must look forward to vegetable rich diet:
1. Your Digestive System Will Thank You: As you know, vegetables are rich in fiber which means your digestive system will work more efficiently when your veggies consumption increases. However, keep one thing in mind as your dietary fiber intake increases; make sure your water intake also increase to ensure your body does not constipate. If you want to improve your bowel function, try to slowly introduce more vegetables into your daily diet instead of jumping straight into an all-vegetarian diet.
2. You Could Live Longer: Eating more than 5 servings of veggies and fruits every day can diminish the risk of cancer, stroke, heart attack and early death. Researchers even say that eating leafy vegetables like spinach, lettuce, chicory, and cabbage may help in the prevention of earth death.
3. You Won’t Get Sick As Often: Vitamin A keep eyes and skin healthy and ultimately protect body from infections. Spinach, sweet potato, tomato and watermelon are all packed with Vitamin A. Eating veggies packed with Vitamin C help your body to maintain good gum health and heal wounds as well.
4. You’re Skin Will Look Better Than Ever: Indeed, eating more vegetables can augment your skin’s appearance. Vitamin C, high water content and phytonutrients reduce the wrinkles and hydrate the skin. Orange and red vegetables are great for better skin because of their beta carotene content which protects the skin from sun damage.
5. You Won’t Feel Stressed: Whenever we think of comfort foods, we end up thinking about creamy Mac and cheese, warm chocolate cake, sweet ice cream and chicken noodle soup. But, actually vegetables are more effective comfort foods as they give you omega 3 fats and Vitamin B which reduces anxiety and depression.
6. For Pregnant Women, Veggies Ensure A Healthy Baby: Women who are in the first trimester of pregnancy require consuming a good deal of folic acid which could be found in avocados, spinach, broccoli, citrus fruits, juices and asparagus. The folic acid aid the body to produce more red cells which further reduces the risk of neural tube defects during fetal growth and development.
Therefore, after you are done with weighing the pros and cons of eating veggies you will realize vegetables are too good for your body and mind. Certainly, eating veggies may not sound too exciting but it’s a fact which you can’t ignore that your body will always thank you for eating veggies.