Cancer is the result of mutation of the genes responsible for the growth and health of the cells in the body. This abnormal proliferation may occur in the breast cell which is called breast cancer. Breast cancer cells may continue to divide without a halt resulting in a tumor. Breast cancer is common to women, but men are also susceptible to breast cancer. Through some symptoms we can detect it.
1. The most common symptoms of breast cancer are usually the presence of a lump, thickening in the breast tissue, deformity, ulcers, and discharge from the nipples.
2. Lumps can feel hard and irregular in shape and very different from the rest of the tissues. It’s tender but usually not painful. You may feel lump attached to the skin or chest doesn’t move.
3. Sometimes small and hard lump in the armpit spread into the lymph nodes. Although these lumps are painless and changes in the breast lump size.
4. The skin of the breast some time dimpled or puckered. This type of skin called orange peel skin. Redness and swelling usually occur around the skin, it looks like an infection type of skin. Itching can be another symptom around the breast or nipple.
5. Generally Nipple will be changed due to Breast cancer. Nipples are pointed inward in the breast cancer. Discharge from one or both the nipples that can be occur in the form of transparent, yellow, green, and blood tinged in the breast cancer. Sometimes these signs are maybe in the non-cancer patient also. In that case you need to consult the doctor for the prescription.
6. There can be a swollen lump or lumps in the armpits or under the collar bone area in the breast cancer. There are various reasons why a lymph node is swollen, it is better to get it checked for any breast abnormalities or disease.
7. Crusting and ulcers are another major sign in the nipple disease. If it occurs than that can be converted into Paget disease. The lump may not be seen, but it is felt. It is a sensitive part of the body. If you feel these type of changes in the breast, then you immediately go to your doctor diagnose every problem.
8. Any changes in the size, contour, texture, or temperature of the breast. Then you need to take an appointment with the doctor. A reddish, pitted and orange surface in the skin area could be a another sign of advanced breast cancer.
9. The signs and symptoms of an advanced cancer can include bone pain, easy fracture ulcers of the skin, fatigue, weight loss, seizures, and convulsions.
Many things that can increase your risk of getting a breast cancer is called a risk factor. Busy life style, stress, unhealthy food, irregular sleeping hours, etc. are some of the things can lead to breast cancer. A lack of physical activities has been linked to 10 % of cases. Different cancers have different risk factors. Here are some factors that further increase the risk. If you have one or more of the risk factors below, it does not mean that you will definitely get breast cancer. You need to consult the doctor, if you are facing these factors.
- Family history
- Age factor means getting older
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- The contraceptive pill
- Breast tissue composition
- Delayed pregnancy or no pregnancy
- Exposure to radiation
- Smoking and alcohol intake