Healthy nails reflect the status of your all over health. On average, fingernails grow one-tenth of an inch each month and nails are made of a protein named as keratin. Sometime they grow slowly and there are many reasons of slow growth like lack of nutrients, hormonal changes, health problems. In this we will show you six best natural and effective ways of faster nail growth.
1. Coconut oil: it is given the strength to cuticles of nails, which are most important for nail growth. It also protects from the infection and fungal of nails.
Massage your nails with warm coconut oil in circular motions daily at night, before going to bed.
You can soak your nails. Mix ¼ organic coconut oil, ¼ cup of honey and 3 to 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. Warm the mixture for 20 seconds on low heat. Soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. Do this one or two times a week.
2. Garlic paste: Garlic is very effective to make your nail growth faster.
Take 2 or 3 cloves of peeled garlic, make a paste and apply the paste on nails for a few minutes. Its smell is not gone after simple wash, then you can brush your nail with tooth paste. It is very effective for smell.
Cut a garlic clove in half and rub it on the nails. You can do this two times in a week.
3. Lemon: Lemon contains vitamin C that is necessary for nail growth. After nail paints our nails are dull and yellow, it gives the shine to your nails.
Prepare a mixture for soaking your nail. 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, warm this mixture slightly and soak your nail for 10 minutes. Wash off your nail.
You can rub the lemon slices on your nails for 10 minutes. Clean your nails with warm water.
4. Biotin: Biotin is one type of vitamin, which is necessary for nails health. It improves the keratin infrastructure in the nails and also improve the hair growth.
You can get biotin from food like carrots, whole grains, eggs, milk, cucumber, almonds, strawberries etc.
You can directly take biotin but firstly consult your doctor.
5. Horsetail: Horsetail is an herb, it contains minerals, silica, and calcium that can improve nail growth faster.
Boil a 2 cup of water and add 1 tablespoon of dried horsetail in boiling water.
Cover it and steep for 10 minutes.
Strain and cool the water naturally.
Soak your nail in this water for 20 minutes.
Follow this way at least three time per week.
6. Olive oil: For nail growth, moisture is most important. Olive oil is best, natural moisture because in this includes a vitamin E. Vitamin E improves the blood circulation and repair the damage nails as well as reproduce nail growth.
Apply some warm olive oil to nail, massage them properly for 15 minutes before going to sleep. You can wear a glove to moisturize your nails.
Or you can soak your nail in warm olive oil for 20 minutes.