A kidney stone is the most painful medical condition. Every year in the U.S, peoples make more than a million visits to health care providers. More than 300,000 people go to emergency rooms with kidney stone problems. A kidney stone is a solid piece of material within the kidney or urinary track. Small kidney stones easily removed through some home remedies. Read these home remedies for effective results.
1. Lemon juice and olive oil: Lemon and olive oil are best and easy natural treatment of kidney stone. Lemon helps to break down calcium based kidney and stop the extra growth.
- Take a quarter cup of lemon juice.
- Add to this an equal amount of olive oil.
- Drink this mixture with plenty of water.
- Use this method at least two to three times a day, for three days. If you pass the stone you not need to continue this.
- This remedy doesn’t help to pass the large stone. Make sure you consult your doctor before taking this remedy.
2. Nettle leaf: It has a powerful diuretic with anti-bacterial properties. Nettle fleshes out all the toxins and minerals from the kidney. The nettle leaf helps to maintain the flow of water through the kidney or bladder.
- Add two tablespoons of dried nettle leaf into a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink two to three cups of nettle daily, for several weeks.
3. Watermelon: The water and potassium are essential nutrients for a healthy kidney. It has regulated and maintaining the level of acid present in the urine. Watermelon contains a high concentration of water, which helps in flushing out stones from the kidney.
Eating watermelon daily or you can drink the juice. It can help you in the prevention of kidney stones.
4. Apple cider vinegar: It is an effective remedy for kidney stone. Apple cider vinegar is on the top 10 natural ingredient list. It helps to dissolve a kidney stone.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey in a one cup of warm water.
- Drink it for a few times a day to get some relief.
5. Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice prevents the formation of certain types of kidney stones. It is also protecting the body from damaging free radicals. It has astringent properties that can help in the treatment of kidney stone.
- Drink a one glass of pomegranate juice daily.
- You can eat pomegranate in a fruit and as a salad also.
6. Basil: Basil is a good for overall health. It is a tonic for kidney. It can help to remove the stone from the urinary track.
- Drink basil tea. Take four to five basil leaves and steep into a boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain it.
- You can also chew three to four basil leaves daily. To taste you can add honey.