Humanitarian Angelina Jolie Pitt has received many awards for her good deeds towards society, promotes various causes which include conservation, education and women’s rights. She has received the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award.
This American actress, filmmaker is among the highest paid actress. Her Humanitarian work says it all which is listed below:
- Her belief in justice and equality made her to join UNHCR ambassadorship (United Nations High Commissioners for refugees), she began to visit camps around the world almost 20 countries and to undertake advocacy on their behalf.
- She has worked in Child immigration and education, where she has worked for legislation to aid vulnerable children and child immigrants in the US and in other developing countries.
- She has worked for Human and women’s rights. In 2015, Jolie launched UK’s first academic center on Women, Peace and security based in London. It aims for human rights, the prosecution of war rape and women’s engagement in politics.
- She has also worked for Conservation and community development; she has purchased the park’s 60,000 hectares and turned into a wildlife reserve named for her son, the Maddox Jolie project. In 2006, Jolie expanded her project and renamed the Meddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation (MJP), in accordance with UN Development goals. Pitt supported her for other causes through the Jolie-Pitt Foundation.
- She has received wide recognition and many awards for her Humanitarian Work.
2002 – inaugural Humanitarian Award
2005 – Global Humanitarian Award
2007 – Freedom Award
2013 – Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award